The regional merchandiser will act as a field representative for Masterpiece Flower Company LLC. The purpose of this position is to create and maintain great looking plant displays at our customer’s location. This job requires the merchandiser perform physical tasks as well as maintain communication with store associates, merchandisers and the Masterpiece Flower Company staff.
This can be a full time or part time position, dependent on market needs and/or sales management’s discretion. Merchandisers may be expected to work over the average 40 hours per week during peak times (April-June and November15-December 20) during these peak seasons working on the weekend will be required.
Position requires supervision over 5-15 seasonal merchandisers. This will include training, scheduling and staff administration.
Minimum Physical Requirements
- The person must be physically able to lift 40# total, and 20# over their head
- This position requires heavy pushing and pulling of shipping carts (approximate weight 800 lbs) across parking lots and through garden centers.
- Must be able to climb ladders
- Must be willing to work in inclement weather (rain, snow, wind)
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities include the following essential functions-other duties may be assigned:
- Regional Merchandisers would be responsible for unloading and maintaining all products from Masterpiece Flower Company LLC
- Basic computer skills are necessary to generate and check purchase orders at the store level (not for Meijer) as well as reporting expenses to Masterpiece Flower Company.
- Good communication skills are needed to build relationships between the merchandiser, our sales staff, and the assigned stores.
- Regional Merchandisers are responsible for creating and communicating work schedules for their employees. Work schedules must adhere to the merchandising budget approved by the sales manager at Masterpiece Flower Company.
- Travel will be required between stores as well as 2-3 meetings per year in Byron Center, Michigan.
- Appropriate attire and work ethic are essential.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change and revision.
Hourly rate with time and a half paid over 40 hours/week.