The part-time merchandiser will act as a field representative for Masterpiece Flower Company LLC. The purpose of this position is to create and maintain great looking plant displays at our customer’s location as well as to assist customers/vendors as needed. This job requires the merchandiser to perform physical tasks as well as maintain communication with store associates, regional merchandisers and the Masterpiece Flower Company staff.
- Must be able to lift 40# total, and 20# over their head
- Frequently bend, crouch, kneel, twist and raise their arms above their head
- Frequently lift, carry or otherwise move and position plants and/or other merchandise weighing up to 40# to stock floor and create/maintain displays
- Typically must stand for two to three hours at a time
- Frequently will work independently and alone with little or no supervision
- Frequent heavy pushing and pulling of wheeled shipping carts (approximate weight 800 lbs) across parking lots and through garden centers.
- Must be able to climb ladders
- Must be able to visually sort merchandise by type, color and price
- Must be able to read, write and count to understand and execute written orders
- Must be able to communicate with associates and guests
- Must be able to work in inclement weather (rain, snow, wind, sun)
- Must be able to work varied hours
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Merchandisers would be responsible for unloading and maintaining (ie: watering) all products from Masterpiece Flower Company LLC and other vendors as needed
- Create, replenish and sign displays
- Maintain plan-o-gram integrity
- Must work the schedule assigned to them by their regional supervisor
- Travel may be required between stores
- Reliable transportation is required.
- Appropriate attire and work ethic are essential.
- Will be responsible for assisting store customers and vendors with customer service as needed
- Basic computer skills with access to the internet are desirable for reporting expenses and will be required for accessing payroll information securely
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change and revision.
Hourly rate with time and a half paid over 40 hours/week. Travel expenses are reimbursed at current mileage rate per mile after the first 30 miles per day.