Company CDL A Driver
- Masterpiece Transportation drivers will be expected to work as a valued member of the shipping/receiving operations team. The job will primarily consist of operating a company owned tractor trailer, involving on-time deliveries and pick-ups to locations as required by dispatch. Off-loading product may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representation of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner at all times.
- Ability to make overnight runs as required by shipping/dispatch needs.
- Ability to move/push/pull wheeled flower racks (approximate weight of 800lbs).
- Will require prolonged sitting, driving and material handling equipment operations.
- Must be able to work in severe weather conditions, both hot and cold.
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
Education and Experience required
- CDL A required.
- One or more year (s) experience required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Operating company owned trucks to facilitate shipping and receiving operations.
- Operate refrigeration units for the delivery, pick up and relocation of perishable products.
- Perform required before, during, and after “user maintenance”.
- Provide on-time and outstanding customer service during delivery and pick up operations.
- Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and OSHA and any company safety programs.
- Maintain and protect all property entrusted to you in excellent condition.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations.
Under the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, all employees have the responsibility to comply with standards, rules, regulations and orders under the Act which are applicable to their own actions and conduct. All Masterpiece Transportation employees have responsibilities for safety, including:
- All employees are responsible to know, understand, and follow company safety polices, rules, and procedures.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment as required.
- Maintain equipment in good condition with all safety guards in place when in operation.
- Employees are responsible for working in a safe manner at all times and are required to report any unsafe conditions, equipment or procedures to their supervisor or management immediately.
- Encourage co-workers to work safely.
- Pay is based on mileage, stops and an hourly rate.